Courts We Serve

Courts We Serve in New Jersey

Criminal Attorneys Defending Clients in Camden County and throughout Southern New Jersey

Criminal Defense Lawyer Near MeIf you are dealing with a criminal, DWI, or restraining order matter in Southern New Jersey, the criminal defense lawyers at our firm can help. Our highly experienced attorneys appear in courts in Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, and Atlantic County on a regular basis defending the rights of our clients. If you choose to hire our law firm, our number one priority is delivering you the best possible outcome. It is with this dedication that we have achieved thousands of dismissals in courts throughout South Jersey. As for Mr. Fay, he has earned a reputation for zealous defense and a five out of five rating on Avvo. But don’t take our word for it. Read what one of our clients had to say about his experience with us: 

“Mr. Fay is a fantastic lawyer. He helped me during a very stressful time in my life. He was knowledgeable about my case and what my options were. He answered all my questions and was very reassuring. He was there waiting for me at the entrance on my court date and made me feel at ease. He worked with the prosecutor to reduce my charges. I got the best outcome I could have hoped for. I highly recommend Mr. Fay if you need a lawyer.” – ★★★★★ Eric

For a free consultation about your case with a skilled New Jersey criminal defense lawyer, contact us anytime at 609-832-3202 or reach out online.

Municipal and Superior Courts in South Jersey

How do I know where my case will be Handled?

The specific court where your case will be decided is determined by a number of factors in New Jersey. If you are charged with a disorderly persons offense or petty disorderly persons offense, which is similar to a misdemeanor, your case will be heard in the Municipal Court in the municipality where the charges were issued. Examples of these criminal offenses include simple assault, disorderly conduct, possession of marijuana, and petty theft. Additionally, if you are issued a traffic citation or arrested for DWI, you will be required to appear in the Municipal Court in the town where the alleged offense occurred. 

On the other hand, if you have been charged with an indictable crime, also known as a felony, your case will be transferred to the Superior Court, Criminal Division in the county where the charges were filed. An indictable charge can be a first degree, second degree, third degree, or fourth degree crime. Examples of felony charges in New Jersey include aggravated assault, robbery, burglary, and unlawful possession of a weapon

Lastly, the Superior Court, Family Division is responsible for handling domestic violence matters such as restraining order hearings and juvenile criminal charges. Restraining Order cases are typically decided in the county where the restraining order was filed. Juvenile criminal matters are generally sent to the Superior Court in the county where the minor currently lives.

Free Consultation with an Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer : 609-832-3202


"Amazing job, explains very clearly"

"He did a fantastic job on my case, making my penalty much less than I thought it could possibly be. He clearly understands what he is doing and can explain everything in a way that anyone can understand."



Cherry Hill Shoplifting Attorneys

Caught Shoplifting in Cherry Hill NJ? Were you arrested in Cherry Hill and charged with theft, shoplifting, receipt of stolen property or resisting arrest? Were you stopped by store security and forced to sign a document admitting that you attempted to shoplift and agree not to return? Did you receive a letter from an attorney… Read More

Arrested in NJ, How Long can I be Kept in Jail?

Arrested in NJ, How Long can I be Kept in Jail?

Cherry Hill Criminal Defense Lawyers Explain Potential Length of Jail Time from Arrest to Bail Hearing The bail system in New Jersey has recently undergone extensive reform. Before January 1, 2017, every defendant charged with a criminal offense was eligible—pursuant to the state constitution and the New Jersey Rules of Court—to request cash bail. A… Read More

Restraining Orders Based on Harassment in New Jersey

Restraining Orders Based on Harassment in New Jersey

Accused of Harassment in Camden County, NJ? In New Jersey, a person can file for a restraining order against you if you have allegedly committed an act of domestic violence against them. The New Jersey Prevention of Domestic Violence Act set forth offenses that constitute acts of domestic violence, including harassment. Among domestic violence offenses,… Read More

Request a Free Consultation

If you or someone you love has been charged with a criminal or DUI offense in New Jersey, finding the answers you need to make informed decisions is critical. Complete our contact form to request your free consultation or contact 609-832-3202

We are available 24/7 Nights and Weekends to Provide Free Consultations | Hablamos Español